Becoming a strong skater is a key ingredient to ensure player’s overall success in hockey.
Establishing proper hockey stride mechanics and correct posture are directly linked with power and speed, yielding efficacy and efficiency on the ice. Said succinctly by Bill Guerin, "If you're using improper technique quickly, all it means is you'll go nowhere faster". Power skating teaches proper edge utilization so that edge movement becomes instinctual, adding natural agility, while playing the game. Body position is key for strong grip and balanced lean, skills that ultimately result in players having tight, quick movements. As the game gets faster, the spaces get smaller!
Extra Hour treadmill training coupled with Cathy’s Power Skating gives players the skating foundation in which all other hockey game skills can be built. We focus on a repetitive and progressive training style to ensure consistent skill development and aim to establish the biomechanics of proper muscle movement, so that each of our hockey players embodies these attributes as they develop and evolve.
Extra Hour's skating treadmill is a powerful and effective training tool, players will receive instant, continuous verbal and visual feedback during their custom skating session. We have been overwhelmed with the positive player feedback and immediate results.
TO BOOK A SKATING TREADMILL LESSON
Contact Cathy Andrade directly at [email protected]
Email your players information- name, age and current level to have a booking link sent.
Introduction treadmill sessions are $60/30 minutes
We highly recommend to train with a partner, due to the intensity of the sessions.
Benefits of skating treadmill lessons
- Personal training with immediate feedback and on-the-fly corrections
- Mirror training to allow for instant self-adjustments and reinforces ‘heads up’ skating & stick handling
- Real time visual feedback for self-assessment for accelerated comprehension of training techniques conveyed by instructor
- Multi-tasking, stick handling while in full stride with head up
- More efficient and refined skating techniques and mechanics for a more powerful lengthened stride
- Quick feet, edge control, powerful stride with quicker stride recovery, over speed techniques
- Increased coordination, improved strength, maneuverability, agility, balance, speed and flexibility
- Anaerobic conditioning and strength training while increasing stamina
- Injury prevention techniques and injury rehabilitation training
- Video treadmill sessions to analyze skating mechanics and measure skater improvement
- Skating stride analysis and programming partnership with Dr.Vandi of Competitive Edge