Goaltending is a critical aspect of team play and requires direct & consistent unique coaching skills. As forwards and defenders get specific coaching for their respective positions, goalies require the same attention to guided skill development.
- HOCKEY CANADA NETWORK
Goalie faces 600 shots in 1 hour with private Extra Hour goalie coach
Develop and focus on improving your net minder skills
- Positive coaching to instill self-confidence
- Refine motor patterns and enhance athleticism in goaltenders
- Learn key areas to focus on for solid goaltending
- Puck Control- rebounds, freezing pucks, stick handling
- Positioning- angles, depth, tracking the puck, being square to the shooter
- Stance- basic, butterfly, position, balance
- Movement- T-push, C-cut, Pivot, Pivots into T-push, shuffles, slides
- Save Selection/Save Cycle: Find the puck (eyes first), Movement (getting into position), Position (stance, angles, square to the puck, depth), Save selection (appropriate to the situation), Puck control (rebounds and recovery) – Hockey Canada Network
- NHL regulation net on moorings
- Boni Puck Shooting machine- tracking the puck
- Video analysis for self-correction and to measure player improvement
- Private or semi-private individualized training for skill development, positive motivation, and psychological instruction (that often does not happen in team practice settings).
- Focused personal instruction with instant feedback to create smarter, stronger, more skilled, and more confident goalies.
- No other local off-ice skill development program offers as much individualized goalie training to mirror on-ice scenarios.
Skipping practice could become increasing trend for goalies
Price, Smith among those to cut down to keep from getting overworked
“Detailed technical work with a goaltending coach has traditionally taken place before practices.” “It’s no wonder spending extra time working on controlled drills with the goaltending coach is sometimes preferred to a wide-open practice.”
- by KEVIN WOODLEY / NHL.com Correspondent October 18th, 2018
GOALIE COACH MOODY
MARTIN MOODY [email protected] (760) 646-0060
MAX ROSENTHAL [email protected] (716) 479-2946
SMALL SPACE SKILLS DEVELOPMENT AREA
Why rent our small space area fully equipped with boards and NHL net to train when on-ice options are not available or too expensive?